DSP-enabled Bluetooth Audio IP Platform for TWS Earbuds and Wearables BluebudTM is a self-contained, feature-rich Bluetooth audio IP platform to streamline the development of True Wireless...
CEVA-RivieraWaves™ UWB is a low power ultra-wideband (UWB) MAC and PHY platform IP based on 802.15.4 HRP, the FiRa Consortium and the Car Connectivity Consortium Digital Key (CCC DK) requirements. It delivers secure, centimeter-level accuracy and robust location information through Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging and Angle-of-Arrival (AoA) processing. It also comes with Doppler Radar support for presence / gesture detection.
CEVA-RivieraWaves UWB is ideal for deployment in a range of applications spanning automotive secure digital key functionality and in-cabin Child Presence Detection (CPD), general power-saving presence detection in laptops, TVs and smart buildings, asset tracking tags and real-time location services (RTLS), and tap free payment.
The CEVA-RivieraWaves UWB platform IP consists of a power-optimized hardware MAC and PHY solution complemented by comprehensive software packages for FiRa MAC, CCC DK MAC, and Radar. The software is portable to the desired MCU, such as Arm or RISC-V. CEVA also offers an extensive family of DSP platforms such as the BX family, which are ideal for running intensive signal processing applications like radar. A flexible radio interface enables CEVA-RivieraWaves UWB to be deployed with customers’ own RF technology or with CEVA partners’ RF IP.
Addressing a wide range of use-cases, the CEVA-RivieraWaves UWB platform IP is architected for seamless integration with the RivieraWaves Bluetooth IP in multi-mode low power wireless SoCs.
Fueled by recent adoption by leading smartphone brands, the UWB wireless technology is enjoying an explosive growth in market interest and applications.
The spatial awareness, enabled by UWB’s centimeter-level accuracy together with direction finding, opens new avenues for users to interact with their devices, from popular ‘find my stuff’ applications and seamless music handover when roaming around the house, through to next generation tap free secure payment.
The pulse-based UWB technology is also an excellent technology solution for radar-type presence sensing, capable of detecting even micro movements right down to breathing rate. UWB-based radar is ideal for automotive in-cabin Child Presence Detection (CPD) and general Human Presence Detection (HPD) for gesture control, cot infant monitoring, and power-saving presence detection in laptops, TVs and smart buildings.
In many applications, the system power consumption is optimized by the orchestrated use of UWB coupled with the more traditional prolonged use of Bluetooth, either Bluetooth Dual Mode (BTDM) or Bluetooth Low Energy (LE).
Standards-based IP that accelerates time-to-market adoption of UWB in next generation multi-mode low power wireless SoCs for automotive, smartphones and battery-powered accessories
Delivers secure, precise and robust location/ radar information in a realistic multi-path environment
Complemented by comprehensive software packages for FiRa MAC, CCC DK MAC, and Radar
Flexible and portable IP, simplifying deployment in different SoC designs for a broad range of applications
- MAC and PHY with support of enhanced ranging and security based on IEEE 802.15.4z HRP in accordance with the FiRa Consortium and the Car Connectivity Consortium Digital Key (CCC DK) requirements
- UWB Doppler Radar support for automotive in-cabin Child Presence Detection (CPD) / general Human Presence Detection (HPD)
- Low power hardware PHY, implementing a high sensitivity coherent receiver with power optimized synchronization, supporting centimeter-level accuracy ranging and AoA estimation based on multiple antennas
- Portable MAC layer software, with hardware offloading for encryption/authentication (CCM AES) and key management, autonomous ACK handshaking and other real-time-critical operations
- Supports secured data transfer up to 27Mbps using pulse based ultra-wideband communication with 500 MHz bandwidth
- Flexible low power modes applicable to FiRa and CCC ranging scenarios
- Standard UWB Command Interface (UCI) simplifies the interface to the application level software
- Flexible digital radio interface, designed to accommodate various radios
CEVA RivieraWaves UWB
On-demand webinar: Driving Forward with UWB Radar - Enhancing Child Safety in Automotive
Fueled by the recent adoption by leading smartphone brands, the UWB wireless technology is enjoying an explosive growth in market interest and applications. In automotive, UWB is already the de-facto choice for Digital Keys in the premium segment. The deployment of UWB anchor points in modern cars creates a cost-effective platform for offering advanced in-cabin radar, enabling features such as Child Presence Detection (CPD).
In this webinar, you will learn about:
• UWB technology and ecosystem (UWB alliance, CCC, FiRa)
• How does UWB Radar work
• CEVA’s UWB and Radar solutions