The RivieraWaves Bluetooth IP family is a comprehensive suite of IPs and platforms for embedding Bluetooth 5 – both low energy (BLE) and dual mode (BTDM) versions – into SoC/ASSP. Together with the Wi-Fi IP family, the Bluetooth IP family forms part of CEVA’s popular and production-proven RivieraWaves Wireless Connectivity portfolio.
Each solution consists of a hardware baseband controller, a PHY (modem + RF), and a feature-rich software protocol stack, fully integrated into a processor- and operating-system-agnostic platform to make deployment easier. A turnkey fully integrated processor agnostic platform is also available. For BLE, the software protocol stack encompasses the Link layer up to the GAP/GATT, as well as a comprehensive list of services and profiles. For BTDM, the software protocol stack presents an industry-standard HCI interface. A flexible radio interface enables the solutions to be deployed with either RivieraWaves RF or various partners’ RF IPs, enabling optimal selection of both foundry and process node.
The software stack is easily portable to many embedded processors, including ARM® Cortex-M™ series, ARC®EM family, RISC-V, Cortus APS family, AndesCore™ family, and others.
An optimized Wi-Fi & Bluetooth coexistence interface with Packet Traffic Arbiter is also available for smooth simultaneous operation.
The Bluetooth IPs are provided with a comprehensive GUI validation tool for manual testing and automatic execution of test scripts in laboratory tests. A reference FPGA platform is also available as an option.
The comprehensive RivieraWaves Wireless Connectivity IPs and platforms simplify development and deployment of wireless connectivity by:
- Full Bluetooth compatibility – supporting all features up to Bluetooth 5 for both dual mode and low energy, including Long Range and Mesh
- Comprehensive Support for Audio over Bluetooth
- Hardware baseband controller with minimal interrupts for lowest power (and MIPS) solution
- Feature-rich software protocol stack, supporting all Bluetooth modes and packet types
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth coexistence interface
- Hardware modem
- RF/analogue transceiver
The 1st High Quality True Stereo Audio streaming over Bluetooth low energy
- CEVA Rivierawaves BLE5 baseband controller IP core and software protocol stack
- RISC-V based fully integrated platform
- CEVA-TeakLite-4 low power DSP used for high quality stereo AAC-ELD 24KHz decoding
- Ideal for headsets and hearables with 18uW/MHz @ 28nm power consumption
- Compliant with Apple MFi LEA