Self-contained IP Platform for Root-of-Trust and embedded security in Chiplets and SoCs
FortrixTM is a self-contained, feature-rich IP platform which provides Root-of-Trust and cybersecurity features to chiplet based systems and standard SoCs. It’s unique combination of hardware and firmware provides NSA Suite-B and CNSA levels of performance with low power and low latency. Secure Boot, Root of Trust, Encryption/Decryption, Secure Communications, and Secure Firmware Update are among the features currently provided. CEVA has customized its embedded security IP to meet the needs of chiplet based designs establishing a secure channel between Host and Companion chiplets to allow secure message passing, authentication, attestation, and firmware download. Take together, these features provide protection against a variety of threat vectors including; firmware copying/tampering, chiplet counterfeiting and chiplet disabling/modifying.
- NSA Suite-B and CNSA
- Key hardware blocks of Fortrix include:
- RISC-V processor
- Secure bus fabric
- DMA controller
- SRAM controller
- AES encryption/decryption controller
- SHA256 controller
- Public Key Accelerator (PKA) w/ ECDSA 256/384
- SPI controller w/ flash support
- True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- A low level API is provided along with a sample application so the IP can be quickly and efficiently customized.