CEVA has designed a complete eNB-IoT IP solution that can serve a wide range of applications.
The CEVA-DragonflyTM NB2 pre-integrates together a CEVA-X1 processor, an optimized RF Transceiver, baseband, and a protocol stack to offer a complete Release 14 Cat-NB2 modem IP solution that reduces time-to-market and lowers entry barriers.
The CEVA-Dragonfly NB2 is a fully software-configurable solution that can be extended with multi-constellation GNSS and sensor fusion functionality.
It includes a reference silicon of the complete modem design, including an embedded CMOS RF transceiver, an advanced digital front-end, physical layer firmware, and a protocol stack (MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, and NAS).
CEVA Dragonfly NB2 Applications
Fully integrated silicon reference design for eNB-IoT and GNSS, lets customers focus on development and integration of application level software and use-case specific workloads with pre-integrated eNB-IoT modem
- Software components:
- eNB-IoT Release 14 UE protocol stack
- L1 control and physical layer (PHY)
- Encryption and PHY eNB-IoT libraries
- RTOS & drivers
- Third party GNSS softwarefor GPS and Beidou
- Hardware components:
- eNB-IoT and GNSS digital front-ends
- CEVA-X1 processor with dedicated eNB-IoT and GNSS instructions
- Peripherals include USIM and eSIM interfaces
- SoC Infrastructure
- Dual-mode eNB-IoT and GNSS RF Transceiver: full CMOS RF receiver and transmitter, LNA, PA, DC-DC, DCXO
CEVA X1 IoT Processor and Dragonfly NB2- the World’s First eNB-IoT Rel14 Solution
CEVA-Dragonfly NB2 is a highly-integrated and modular solution optimized for Cat-NB2 (3GPP Release 14 eNB-IoT) that can seamlessly be incorporated into chips and modules by the multitude of companies looking to address the large and fast-growing cellular IoT space.