CEVA, in partnership with ASTRI, has designed a complete NB-IoT IP solution that can serve a wide range of applications.
The CEVA-Dragonfly NB1 pre-integrates together a CEVA-X1 processor, an optimized RF, a baseband, and a protocol software to offer a complete Release 13 Cat-NB1 modem IP solution that reduces time-to-market and lowers entry barriers.
The CEVA-Dragonfly NB1 is a fully software-configurable solution that can be extended seamlessly with GNSS and sensor fusion functionality.
It includes a reference silicon of the complete modem design, including an embedded CMOS RF transceiver, an advanced digital front-end, physical layer software, and a third party NB-IoT protocol stack (MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, and NAS).
CEVA Dragonfly NB1 Applications
Fully integrated silicon reference design for NB-IoT and GNSS, lets customers focus on development and integration of application level software and use-case specific workloads with pre-integrated NB-IoT modem
- Software components:
- M2M Service Layer
- NB-IoT Release 13 UE protocol stack
- L1 control and physical layer (PHY)
- Encryption and PHY NB-IoT libraries
- RTOS & drivers
- Third party NB-IoT protocol stack
- NB-IoT protocol stack and PHY upgradable to Release 14 and to Cat-M1
- GNSS software, includes all four satellite constellations: GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo
- Hardware components:
- NB-IoT digital front-end
- CEVA-X1 processor with NB-IoT dedicated instructions
- SoC Infrastructure
- NB-IoT RF transceiver: analog and RF embedded CMOS RF receiver and transmitter, LNA, PA, DC-DC, DCXO
CEVA & ASTRI joint NB-IoT demo
First shown at the CEVA technology Symposium 2017 Asia, in Shenzhen on October 25, 2017 this is a demo of a fully integrated system IP solution for NB-IoT, also known as LTE narrowband IoT.