NeuPro™ is a dedicated low power AI processor family for Deep Learning at the edge. Providing a self-contained, specialized AI processors, scaling in performance for a broad range of end markets including IoT, smartphones, surveillance, automotive, robotics, medical and industrial.
NeuPro builds on CEVA’s industry-leading position and experience in deep neural networks for computer vision applications. Dozens of customers are already deploying the CEVA-XM4 and CEVA-XM6 vision platforms along with the CDNN neural network software framework in consumer, surveillance and ADAS products. This new family of dedicated AI processors offers a considerable step-up in performance, ranging from 2 Tera Ops Per Second (TOPS) for the entry-level processor and 12.5 TOPS for the most advanced configuration.
The NeuPro AI processor family were designed to reduce the high barriers-to-entry into the AI space in terms of both architecture and software. Enabling an optimized and cost-effective standard AI platform that can be utilized for a multitude of AI-based workloads and applications
- NeuPro AI processor consists of the NeuPro Engine and the NeuPro VPU
- NeuPro Engine - Specialized engines for Matrix Multiplication, Fully Connected, Activation and Pooling layers
- NeuPro VPU - Fully programmable Vector Processor Unit for customer extensions, customization and CDNN firmware
- Supports both 8bit and 16bit quantization
- Optimized real-time decision made in order to achieve the best tradeoff between precision vs. performance
- Support up to 4K 8x8 MACs
- Support all layer types and NN topologies
- Optimized DDR BW
- Advanced DMA controller
- On-the-fly Activation and Pooling pipeline processing
- The NeuPro family comprises four AI processors offering different levels of parallel processing:
- NP500 is the smallest processor, including 512 MAC units and targeting IoT, wearables and cameras
- NP1000 includes 1024 MAC units and targets mid-range smartphones, ADAS, industrial applications and AR/VR headsets
- NP2000 includes 2048 MAC units and targets high-end smartphones, surveillance, robots and drones
- NP4000 includes 4096 MAC units for high-performance edge processing in enterprise surveillance and autonomous driving
NeuPro’s target applications include advanced driver-assistance systems (ADASs), augmented-reality (AR) headsets, drones, smartphones, and surveillance cameras.