MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CEVA, Inc. [(NASDAQ: CEVA); (LSE: CVA)], the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores, today announced it will host a series of DSP technology symposiums for the embedded engineering community in Shanghai on July 5th and Beijing on July 8th, 2011. These full day events will feature in-depth sessions on a wide range of topics highlighting the critical role of DSP for next-generation wireless, consumer and multimedia applications.
Keynote sessions will be presented by Gideon Wertheizer, CEO of CEVA and Mr. Gu Wenjun, Senior Analyst at IHS iSuppli, followed by technical sessions from CEVA, its partners and customers, including Alango, ArrayComm, Carbon Design Systems, CellGuide, DTS, eyeSight, mimoOn, MIPS, Rockchip and Spreadtrum. Topics that will be covered include:
- Developing a programmable-based platform for LTE
- Developing a programmable-based HD video engine for application processing
- Developing a software-Based Multi-Mode DTV Demodulator
- Developing efficient HD Audio and Voice applications
- Addressing 3G and 4G Evolutions –from HSPA+ to LTE-Advanced
- Advanced Baseband Software Solutions for 4G Infrastructure
- Solutions for the converged Digital Home
- Implementing a Software-based GPS Architecture for DSP
- Introduction to DTS decoder and its applications
- Gesture recognition - Going beyond touch
- DSP Software Development Made Easy
- Pre-Silicon performance analysis and software development
Following the technical sessions, IHS iSuppli will host an expert panel discussion on the challenges facing processor and SoC designs, Panel participants will include leading players in the multimedia and wireless industries. Attendees will also have the opportunity to view interactive demonstrations of a range of CEVA-powered technologies at the symposium. Attendance at the event is free and requires registration. To register or for more information, visit www.eccn.com/2011/CEVA_DSP_Symposium/index_en.htm
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia, HD video and audio, voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2010, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 600 million devices, powering handsets from 7 out of the top 8 handset OEMs, including Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and ZTE. Today, more than one in every three handsets shipped worldwide is powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com. Follow CEVA on twitter at www.twitter.com/cevadsp.
SOURCE CEVA, Inc.