SAN JOSE, Calif. - November 16, 2004 - CEVA, Inc., (NASDAQ:
CEVA; LSE: CVA), the leading licensor of Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
cores and communications solutions to the semiconductor industry, today
announced that top Asia Pacific semiconductor and consumer electronics
firms are adopting its leading DSP technologies including new wins with
China-based Spreadtrum Communications Inc., and Japan-based Sharp
Corporation. Moreover, since the beginning of 2004, Asia Pacific industry
leaders including Kawasaki Microelectronics (K-Micro), Renesas Technology
Corporation, UMC, OKI Electric Industry Company, EoNex Technologies Inc.
and Japan Radio Company (JRC) have announced deals with CEVA.
"CEVA's traction in Asia Pacific has been very successful with revenues
doubling in the region in 2004. Advanced semiconductor and consumer
electronics companies throughout Asia recognize the value of CEVA's
portfolio of DSP and communication technologies," said Chet Silvestri,
President and CEO of CEVA. "We provide our Asia Pacific customer base with
local support and R&D teams."
In 2004, CEVA announced these licensing agreements:
- Sharp Corporation licensed CEVA Xpert-Teak for portable multimedia
- Spreadtrum Communications Inc. licensed the CEVA-Teak DSP core for
the world's first GSM/GPRS/TD-SCDMA chipset
- Samsung Electronics Company licensed the CEVA-X1620 DSP Core for 3G
- Kawasaki Microelectronics partnered with CEVA to add fully compliant
1.5Gbps Serial ATA macro to its 0.13 m ASIC IP portfolio
- Renesas Technology licensed CEVA Bluetooth platform and achieved
Bluetooth 1.2 certification
- UMC launched the CEVA Foundry Program for CEVA-Teak and
CEVA-TeakLite DSP cores
- OKI Electric licensed and deployed the CEVA-Teak DSP core to power
digital audio MP3 consumer chip solutions
- Korea's EoNex licensed CEVA-X DSP architecture to power 3G wireless
- Japan Radio Co. licensed CEVA-Teak DSP cores for baseband radio
CEVA's portfolio of DSP cores, solutions and communications
intellectual property spans multimedia (audio, video, image), location
(GPS), communication (VoIP), connectivity (Bluetooth), and high-speed
serial communications (SATA, SGMII), all supported by CEVA Services.
About CEVA, Inc.
Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., CEVA is the leading licensor of digital signal processor (DSP) cores, multimedia, GPS and storage platforms to the semiconductor industry. CEVA licenses a family of programmable DSP cores, associated SoC system platforms and a portfolio of application platforms including multimedia, audio, Voice over Packet (VoP), GPS location, Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2005 CEVA's IP was shipped in over 115 million devices. CEVA was created through the merger of the DSP licensing division of DSP Group and Parthus Technologies. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com.
A PDF copy of this press release is also available here