In this role, you will lead the development of our suite of analytics and simulation software. This software is used internally at Hillcrest and is central to the realization of CEVA’s high-performance sensor fusion products in robotics, virtual reality, and motion-based human input devices.
Working directly with key system software developers to understand their requirements and needs for analytics and simulation. Formulating and prioritizing a roadmap for feature development. Programming in Python 3 to deliver updates to these tools using components such as pandas, numpy, scipy, and matplotlib.
Having an understanding or strong interest in analytics, data science, and scientific computing is preferred, but not required.
- Seven (7) years of experience in software development, at least 3 years in Python
- Proficient developing Python 3 software
- Experience using Python to parse and process large amounts of data
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Strong software design skills and ability to break down problems independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with other team members
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and with a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team
Optional Nice-to-Have Capabilities:
- Comfortable with asynchronous event-drive programming. Some of our software uses the Twisted networking package for Python
- Understanding of probability, statistics, and linear algebra
- Familiarity with various software tools such as conda, cmake, and Visual Studio
- Experience with Python packages matplotlib and scientific computing packages such as numpy and scipy
- Experience programming in C++