Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer and highly passionate about your work?
Then you belong with us!
CEVA is looking for you to join our growing Sensor Fusion (SF) team.
Here in CEVA we are developing state of the art sensor fusion software used in a variety of consumer products such as Smart TV’s, robotic vacuum cleaners, audio headsets, AR and VR glasses, and PC’s. The Sensor Fusion (SF) team is responsible for CEVA’s core sensor processing software which is used in a broad portfolio of CEVA products and is the result of over 15 years of experience developing sensor-based technology, systems and products.
As you experienced Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for
- Defining the physical and mechanical requirements and concepts for our products, fixtures, or structural elements in support of our customers, sales/marketing team, and engineers.
- Designing products, assemblies, and parts using the appropriate geometry, materials, and finishes including sheet metal, machined parts, molded plastics, 3D printed parts, etc.
- Designing with and advising on electronic components with the Hardware and Software engineers including printed circuit board outlines, connectors and other components and fasteners, etc.
- The application of proper dimensions and tolerances to ensure proper fit and function
- Documenting the designs using bill-of-materials, fabrication drawings, and assembly drawings and instructions as needed.
- Working closely with other engineering and quality assurance engineers from requirements, through ideation, design, prototyping, test, and release.
- Completing assembly of mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Test plan development and testing the designs in conjunction with the hardware, software, and quality engineers.
- Management of the procurement of mechanical components, parts, and assemblies using suppliers and fabrication vendors which meet our requirements and project budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering with focus on product design.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical design developments.
- Excellent skills in using Solidworks MCAD 3D/2D software.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping processes.
- Knowledge in PCB and mechanical part fabrication methods and ability to choose properly.
- Familiarity with Design for X methods and in particular DFMA analysis methods.
- Ability to plan and schedule design and fabrication tasks to meet project needs.
- Team player with excellent communication abilities with the business unit team.
- Proven record in designing products from consumer level to those needed in development and test environments.
- Familiarity with heat transfer and structural design and analysis methods and tools.
- Skills in managing projects with focus on coordinating tasks between engineers.
- Maintaining the 3D printer and similar tools.
- Mature, self-motivated and capable of working both independently and in a team.
- Adaptable, able to react and adjust quickly to new challenges with a flexible mindset.
- Detail oriented.