Reliable, low-power short and long range wireless connectivity is a fundamental requirement for a wide range of applications, spanning smartphones and tablets, smart speakers and audio accessories, wearables, smart home products, smart city utility meters, industrial and automotive systems, and a whole host of other devices being created for the Internet of Things (IoT).
The highly competitive nature of these markets constantly pushes developers up the integration curve, with winning solutions embedding connectivity such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NB-IoT technologies directly into the SoCs and ASSPs at the heart of these products. Many of these protocols may run concurrently, requiring solutions such as Wi-Fi & Bluetooth coexistence interface to avoid interference when operating on the same frequency band.
All of these require:
- Proven, portable, and certified IP solutions that can be quickly and easily embedded into silicon
- Area and power efficient implementations to enable differentiating silicon products
- Comprehensive platform solutions to accelerate the design curve
- Optimized solutions appropriate for the target product, be that:
- low power, high performance or multi-gig Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n aka Wi-Fi 4, 802.11ac aka Wi-Fi 5, 802.11ax aka Wi-Fi 6, 1×1 to 4×4); or
- low power Bluetooth dual mode (BTDM) or ultra-low power Bluetooth low energy (BLE); or
- low power eNB-IoT Release 14, and Dual Mode eNB-IoT & GNSS
- Adaptable coexistence schemes for smooth simultaneous operation