Significant advances in automatic speech recognition (ASR) have led to an abundance of devices and applications that use speech as their main user interface. Microphones are no longer regarded as mere voice input devices for phone calls but rather as acoustic sensors for human-machine interaction and for acoustic sensing of the environment. We have come to expect high-quality ASR as well as other audio-related functionalities, such as crystal-clear voice calls and immersive high-definition audio, from our devices.
As Artificial Intelligence brings us closer to creating human-like machines, we must develop similar audio-processing abilities to the ones we have as human beings.
Application specific sound DSPs and specialized software packages are the only viable way to accomplish this.
- Voice activation and speech recognition will become key in almost every device.
- Sound-sensing enables machines to interpret and act upon recognizable sounds.
- Voice communication must be clear and high quality even in noisy surroundings.
- Audio processing allows the delivery of truly immersive sound.
The ability to capture, process, and reproduce audio signals is fundamental to mobile devices, headsets, wireless speakers, smart home devices, automotive infotainment systems, and voice enabled IoT. To enable these devices a scalable audio DSP is required.
Today’s smartphones, wearables, and smart home devices require ultra-low-power, high-performance processing for speech recognition and reproduction, “always-on” functionality, and advanced multi-microphone voice capabilities. Because they employ multi-microphone setups for far-field voice pickup, smart speakers and other smart battery-operated devices must be optimized for the best combination of performance and power consumption. Finally, high-end audio for home entertainment and automotive infotainment systems demand the best possible hi-fi audio output.
The key to meeting these requirements lies in embedding dedicated audio DSP chips. The use of flexible sound DSP IP architectures and optimized software packages for it, provides the following:
- Small die size, high code density, and high processing capability
- Enable SoC designers to select the optimal implementation in terms of silicon area, power consumption, and operating frequency
- Internal and ecosystem based software modules that are available off-the-shelf, and development platforms to speed application development and prototyping
HE AAC V1
HE AAC V2
HE-AAC V2 5.1
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Digital decoder (AC3)
Dolby Digital encoder (DDCE)
Low Bit Rate
Extended Surround (ES)
DTS Digital Surround
Check out the related product links below to find the perfect audio DSP IP solution for your needs.