The CEVA ‘smart & connected’ development platform is the ultimate tool for algorithm and system designers who wish to develop and prototype TeakLite-4 based designs using real time, full speed silicon. Built around a TeakLite-4 DSP chip that also incorporates an integrated set of peripherals and fabricated using the IoT-centric SMIC 55nm LP process, the on-board TeakLite-4 silicon runs at 500MHz.
This provides ample processing power for multiple functions running concurrently using the included DSP RTOS, and enables prototyping of real world use cases. Typical use cases may combine always-on sensing, local intelligence, and wireless connectivity, all supported by the smart and connected platform. With low power signal processing being a key element in smart IoT device differentiation, the platform also provides real-time power measurement and display that allow developers to optimize and power-tune their DSP firmware.
The CEVA smart and connected development platform includes the following elements:
- DSP development chip: 500MHz CEVA-TeakLite-4 and subsystem of integrated peripherals (TDM, DMA, I2C, I2S, ICU, Timers, GPIOs)
- Host CPU: Linux running on-board ARM Cortex-A9 for complete CPU + DSP system prototyping
- Connectivity: multiple wireless technologies available from CEVA and its partners, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee and GNSS
- Peripherals and interfaces: including on-board digital (MEMS) microphones, I2C I/F for sensors, audio CODEC with digital and analog audio in/outs, USB, UART, PCIe, and Ethernet ports, user configurable FPGA, GPIOs, DDR memory, SD card, and LCD display
- Arduino connectors and drivers: allows Arduino Shields to be connected to the board, leveraging a massive ecosystem of Arduino-related products
- RTOS and DSP libraries: multi-tasking RTOS and a DSP library to jumpstart system design
The CEVA 'smart and connected' platform allows rapid and confident development and prototyping of TeakLite-4 based systems.
- 500MHz CEVA TeakLite-4 DSP development chip
- Multiple wireless interfaces
- Full suite of on-board peripherals and interfaces