CEVA and partner’s ASTRI designed a complete NB-IoT IP solution that can serve a wide range of applications.
CEVA Dragonfly NB1 pre-integrates Release 13 Cat-NB1 modem IP solution composed of CEVA-X1 processor, optimized RF, baseband and protocol software to reduce time-to-market and lower entry barriers.
It is a fully Software configurable solution, that can be extended seamlessly with GNSS and sensor fusion functionality
It includes reference silicon of the complete modem design, including embedded CMOS RF transceiver, advanced digital front-end, physical layer software and third party NB-IoT protocol stack (MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC and NAS).
CEVA Dragonfly NB1 Applications
Asset Tracker Use Case with Dual Mode operation
The very low NB-IoT duty cycle and half-duplex operation to process and transfer data to the cloud allow to run a complex multi-task use case such as an Asset Tracker. For example, outdoor positioning through partner’s GMV soft GNSS GPS, Beidou, GLONASS and Galileo satellite constellation navigation can run on the same SoC than the NB-IoT device, simply by adding eFlash code but without requiring a higher CEVA-X1 clock rate or any extra hardware.
- SW components:
- M2M Service Layer
- NB-IoT Release 13 UE Protocol Stack
- L1 control and Physical Layer (PHY)
- Encryption and PHY NB-IoT Libraries
- RTOS & Drivers
- Third party NB-IoT protocol stack
- NB-IoT Protocol Stack and PHY are upgradable to Release 14 and to Cat-M1
- GNSS Software - Includes all four satellite constellations: GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo
- HW components:
- NB-IoT Digital Front-End
- CEVA-X1 processor with NB-IoT dedicated instructions
- SoC Infrastructure
- NB-IoT RF transceiver: Analog and RF embedded CMOS RF Receiver and Transmitter, LNA, PA, DC-DC, DCXO