The internship will take place in CEVA-RivieraWaves’ system validation team, working closely with other teams, such as hardware designers, software development team, who are developing baseband IPs for wireless standards such as latest generation of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth protocols.
The RivieraWaves Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac IPs are constituted of several SW and HW pieces which are continuously evolving and for which a good level of quality has to be ensured. Being able to easily and quickly detect regressions during development steps and to get a clear status about the capacities of our WLAN IPs has become a very important challenge.
The purpose of this internship is to participate to the development (including architecture, design and implementation) of a new validation and non-regression tool written in python and answering to these requirements. This tool will be able to autonomously control our development setup and any devices (Access Points, Dongle, Sniffer, …) required for the different test campaigns and will remain easy-to-use and highly configurable. The trainee will also participate to the definition of test plans for different features to be tested (Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Mesh Networking, …) and the implementation of the associated test scripts.
The mission is split in several steps:
- Detailed analysis of the IEEE 802.11 standard, and associated technical specification of its implementation in RivieraWaves architecture.
- Familiarization with the development setup used for tests.
- Familiarization with the already existing parts of the validation tool.
- Definition of test plans
- Definition and specifications of additional modules to be implemented.
- Implementation, test and debug of these modules.
- Bac +5, last year of Engineering school
- Familiar with at least 1 programming language (C, C++, Java, Python, …)
- Autonomous, communicative, with strong team spirit , relational and organizations skills
- 6-month internship based in Sophia-Antipolis (French Riviera)