CEVA’s DSP Cores and IP Platforms for Audio, Video, Communications and Storage
A set-top box (STB) is a device that accepts one or more signal sources (including satellite, cable, internet and free-to-air signal), and presents the content of the signal to a Digital Television (DTV) or other display device. The STB may also store the content on a hard drive for later use. In this context, “content” may include – but is not limited to – high-definition video, high-fidelity audio, and interactive pages.
Today's STBs are extremely sophisticated and have to be capable of viewing, recording (storing), playing back (retrieving), and displaying multiple audio/video streams simultaneously. Today's STBs also function as the gateway to broadband and pay TV services, and enable real-time wireless and wired media sharing and internet connectivity. Due to the overwhelming array of software and processing technologies required to be supported in these devices, the optimal solution for the developers of the silicon chips is to handle these functions using state-of-the-art programmable DSP cores.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of programmable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) cores. To better serve the DTV market, CEVA provides a portfolio of application-specific DSPs offering the highest flexibility and performance, along with associated subsystems, library functions, a comprehensive suite of optimized software codecs, and a complete development environment.
CEVA application-specific offerings for STBs
High-Definition Audio and Voice Processing:
- Supports complete STB audio uses-cases on a single core, leaving ample headroom for heavy post-processing functions
- Supports voice encoding and decoding for video conferencing
- Available complete with optimized audio and voice codecs
High-Definition Video and Image Signal Processing:
- Supports all video decoders and encoders in 1080p @ 60fps and higher completely in software
- Supports any ISP requirements, including pre- and post-processing functions and applications such as gesture recognition and motion detection
- Available complete with optimized video codecs and imaging libraries
- Supports the most sophisticated demodulation algorithms (DVB-T2, ISDB-T, ATSC, DMBT) in software, providing complete flexibility for a universal DTV demodulator
- Available with a complete set of communication and DTV library functions
- Provides state-of-the-art SATA 2.6 and SATA 3.0 solutions for Host applications such as STB
- Provides unique processor-offload features to increase performance while reducing real-time software loading
- Provides full support for the latest NCQ modes
To further reduce the cost, complexity, and risk in bringing products to market, CEVA has established an ecosystem of partners who provide reference designs, complementary IP, design services, and complete solutions based on CEVA’s DSP cores and Platform Solutions. Visit our CEVAnet Partners page for more information.
Markets Announcements19 Apr 2017 CEVA, Inc. Appoints Ran Soffer as Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Development
27 Feb 2017 CEVA's Bluetooth® 5 Low Energy IP Powers ON Semiconductor's Ultra-Low-Power Radio SoC for IoT and Connected Health and Wellness Devices
26 Feb 2017 CEVA and ASTRI Unveil Dragonfly NB1, a Licensable NB-IoT Solution For Cost and Power-Sensitive LTE IoT Devices