Home Media Gateways
CEVA’s DSP Cores and IP Platforms for Audio, Video, Voice and Storage
A Home Media Gateway is a translation device that converts digital media streams between disparate communications networks (wired and wireless) and protocols. The digital media streams may be high-definition (HD) audio, video, or voice, all of which the media gateway must be able to handle simultaneously. Home media gateways enable devices such as Smartphones, Tablet Computers, Game Consoles, Digital Televisions (DTVs), and Set-Top Boxes (STBs) to access secure content in the required format for an optimal user experience.
Due to the overwhelming array of software and processing technologies required to be supported in these devices, the optimal solution for the developers of the silicon chips is to handle these functions using state-of-the-art programmable DSP cores.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of programmable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) cores. To better serve the DTV market, CEVA provides a portfolio of application-specific DSPs offering the highest flexibility and performance, along with associated subsystems, library functions, a comprehensive suite of optimized software codecs, and a complete development environment.
CEVA application-specific offerings for Home Media Gateways
High-Definition Audio Processing:
- Supports complete Media Gateway audio uses-cases on a single core, including audio transcoding, leaving ample headroom for heavy post-processing functions
- Available complete with optimized audio and voice codecs
High-Definition Video and Image Signal Processing:
- Supports all video decoders, encoders and transcoders, in 1080p @ 60fps and higher completely in software
- Supports any ISP requirements, including pre- and post-processing functions
- Available complete with optimized video codecs and imaging libraries
- Provides state-of-the-art SATA 2.6 and SATA 3.0 solutions for Host applications such as STB
- Provides unique processor-offload features to increase performance while reducing real-time software loading
- Provides full support for the latest NCQ modes
- Provides a complete suite of voice compressions modules, telephony algorithms, and interfaces to host control layers
- Flexible processor selection and tightly integrated system platforms enable the application to scale from single to multiple voice channels
To further reduce the cost, complexity, and risk in bringing products to market, CEVA has established an ecosystem of partners who provide reference designs, complementary IP, design services, and complete solutions based on CEVA’s DSP cores and Platform Solutions. Visit our CEVAnet Partners page for more information.
Markets Announcements19 Apr 2017 CEVA, Inc. Appoints Ran Soffer as Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Development
27 Feb 2017 CEVA's Bluetooth® 5 Low Energy IP Powers ON Semiconductor's Ultra-Low-Power Radio SoC for IoT and Connected Health and Wellness Devices
26 Feb 2017 CEVA and ASTRI Unveil Dragonfly NB1, a Licensable NB-IoT Solution For Cost and Power-Sensitive LTE IoT Devices