CEVA’s DSP Cores for Communication, Audio and Video Encoding, Decoding, and Post-Processing
Today’s Digital Televisions (DTVs) are no longer required only to display high-definition (HD) video signals – they also have to satisfy the users’ demand for the highest fidelity audio/video (A/V) experience, user interactivity, and internet connectivity. Increasing interaction with the Internet requires digital TVs to support a vast variety of formats for audio and video standards, including H.264, MVC, S3D, MPEG2, VP8, AAC, AC-3 and Dolby Digital Plus. In order to further differentiate their products, vendors are constantly adding unique post-processing functions to their TV sets, both audio (e.g. SRS and Dolby Volume) and video (e.g. scaling and de-interlacing). Other growing requirements for DTVs are the support of high quality video conferencing and human machine interface (HMI) applications such as gesture and voice recognition for controlling the Smart TV.
Due to the overwhelming array of software and processing technologies required to be supported in these devices, the optimal solution for the developers of the silicon chips is to handle these functions using state-of-the-art programmable DSP cores.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of programmable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) cores. To better serve the DTV market, CEVA provides a portfolio of application-specific DSPs offering the highest flexibility and performance, along with associated subsystems, library functions, a comprehensive suite of optimized software codecs, and a complete development environment.
CEVA application-specific offerings for DTVs
High-Definition Audio and Voice Processing:
- Supports complete DTV audio uses-cases on a single core, leaving ample headroom for heavy post-processing functions
- Supports voice encoding and decoding for video conferencing
- Supports voice pre-processing functions such as beam forming, noise reduction, and voice recognition
- Available complete with optimized, certified audio and voice codecs
High-Definition Video and Image Signal Processing:
- Supports all video decoders and encoders in 1080p @ 60fps and higher completely in software
- Supports any ISP requirements, including pre and post-processing functions and applications such as gesture recognition and motion detection
- Available complete with optimized video codecs and imaging libraries
- Supports the most sophisticated demodulation algorithms (DVB-T2, ISDB-T, ATSC, DTMB) in software, providing complete flexibility for a universal DTV demodulator
- Available with a complete set of communication and DTV library functions
To further reduce the cost, complexity, and risk in bringing products to market, CEVA has established an ecosystem of partners who provide reference designs, complementary IP, design services, and complete solutions based on CEVA’s DSP cores and Platform Solutions. Visit our CEVAnet Partners page for more information.
Markets Announcements27 Feb 2017 CEVA's Bluetooth® 5 Low Energy IP Powers ON Semiconductor's Ultra-Low-Power Radio SoC for IoT and Connected Health and Wellness Devices
26 Feb 2017 CEVA and ASTRI Unveil Dragonfly NB1, a Licensable NB-IoT Solution For Cost and Power-Sensitive LTE IoT Devices
22 Feb 2017 CEVA Introduces the World's Most Advanced Communication DSP, Providing Cutting-Edge Performance for Multi-Gigabit Class Connectivity