Hardware Development Tools
A Complete Set of Tools for Prototyping and Validating CEVA DSP-based Designs
CEVA's Hardware Development Tools provide all of the components for vendors to develop complete SoCs based on CEVA’s DSP cores and IP cores, including real-silicon development chips, FPGA implementations, and fully-equipped development boards. The end result is a dramatic reduction in the development cycle and time-to-market.
CEVA Silicon Chip Implementations of DSP Cores
Development Chips: CEVA’s DSP cores are available in silicon and as FPGA implementations.
Today's increasing complexity of
SoC designs requires that system designers be able to fully verify the design before taping out the actual silicon. In order to facilitate this, CEVA provides silicon chip implementations of our DSP cores, which can be used by designers to prototype their designs and validate them at silicon speeds.
Furthermore, advances in FPGA technology and increases in FPGA capacity have made these devices a valuable system emulation tool. In many cases, system designers can implement an entire SoC design in a single FPGA. CEVA provides FPGA-compatible versions of our CEVA DSP cores for use with CEVA development platforms or in our customers’ FPGA-based prototyping and design validation environments.
CEVA Development Boards Accelerate the Development Process
Development Boards: A complete hardware-based platform for accelerating the development process.
CEVA’s development boards offer a complete hardware-based platform for accelerating the development process of DSP-based SoCs, thereby minimizing the risks involved during the software development and ASIC design.
CEVA offers a complete set of development boards including CEVA DSP processors and a comprehensive set of peripherals. These development boards can support CEVA silicon-based DSP chips, FGPA implementations of the DSP cores, or customer-specific ASICs, thereby providing full flexibility throughout the different stages of the development process with various solutions offering different speed, cost, and system-level accuracy.
Development board highlights:
- Support CEVA DSP cores as FPGA or silicon implementations
- Offer a complete set of large memories: SRAM, SDRAM, Flash, SD, MMC, and SSD
- Offer a complete set of system peripherals and interfaces including Ethernet, USB, UART, video display, audio playback, timers, IOs, and more
Development board benefits:
- Commence application development early in the design cycle before the customer’s SoC is available
- Perform application software development at full speed
- Allow users to evaluate and benchmark CEVA DSP processors on real hardware
- Develop and validate software drivers and system software
- Integrate and test new IP and custom logic on a complete system
Improving software and application development capabilities and providing efficient code debug competence are among CEVA's top priorities. In order to address this, CEVA offers a wide range of powerful debug capabilities. A summary of CEVA’s debug capabilities is as follows:
- Host-PC based debug of the CEVA’s DSP cores and development platforms is supported by both CEVA and third parties debuggers
- Support for multi-core debug including cross-triggering, system resource viability, shared memory access, and more.
- Connectivity via JTAG, USB, and Ethernet including remote IP based debug
- Profiling support on the real hardware platform
- Real-time trace support using standard ETM (embedded Trace Module)
- File-IO is supported for complete file-level operations
- Co-debugging capabilities with ARM cores is also supported
Contact CEVA for more information
Markets Announcements26 Feb 2017 CEVA and ASTRI Unveil Dragonfly NB1, a Licensable NB-IoT Solution For Cost and Power-Sensitive LTE IoT Devices
22 Feb 2017 CEVA Introduces the World's Most Advanced Communication DSP, Providing Cutting-Edge Performance for Multi-Gigabit Class Connectivity
21 Feb 2017 Waves Audio and CEVA Partner for Far-Field Voice Pick Up and Psychoacoustic Sound Enhancement
- Products Overview
- DSP Cores
- Connectivity Platforms
- Development Environment