CEVA’s DSP Cores for Audio and Video Encoding and Decoding
Blu-ray disc and DVD players and recorders require extensive digital signal processing capabilities. Blu-ray in particular requires tremendous processing capabilities to handle the huge data bandwidth associated with high definition (HD) multi-channel audio and video content.
Furthermore, Blu-ray and DVD players are increasingly adding Set-top Box (STB) and personal area networking functionality to facilitate content search, to enable real-time wireless and wired media sharing, and to offer Internet connectivity and web browser support. Due to the overwhelming array of software and processing technologies required to be supported in these devices, the optimal solution for the developers of the silicon chips is to handle these functions using state-of-the-art programmable DSP cores.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of programmable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) cores. To better serve the DTV market, CEVA provides a portfolio of application-specific DSPs offering the highest flexibility and performance, along with associated subsystems, library functions, a comprehensive suite of optimized software codecs, and a complete development environment.
CEVA application-specific offerings for DVD and Blu-ray players
High-Definition Audio Processing:
- Supports complete DVD and Blu-Ray audio uses-cases on a single core, leaving ample headroom for post-processing functions
- Available complete with optimized audio and voice codecs
High-Definition Video and Image Signal Processing:
- Supports all video decoders and encoders in 1080p @ 60fps and higher completely in software
- Supports any ISP requirements, including pre- and post-processing functions
- Available complete with optimized video codecs and imaging libraries
- An advanced set of digital signal processing instructions combined with general microprocessor functions, ideal for providing sophisticated servo control functionality.
To further reduce the cost, complexity, and risk in bringing products to market, CEVA has established an ecosystem of partners who provide reference designs, complementary IP, design services, and complete solutions based on CEVA’s DSP cores and Platform Solutions. Visit our CEVAnet Partners page for more information.
Markets Announcements26 Feb 2017 CEVA and ASTRI Unveil Dragonfly NB1, a Licensable NB-IoT Solution For Cost and Power-Sensitive LTE IoT Devices
22 Feb 2017 CEVA Introduces the World's Most Advanced Communication DSP, Providing Cutting-Edge Performance for Multi-Gigabit Class Connectivity
21 Feb 2017 Waves Audio and CEVA Partner for Far-Field Voice Pick Up and Psychoacoustic Sound Enhancement